Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun Little Saturday

Ever since I moved back to Springfield from Athens I've wondered why they got rid of the Market Place (where the Heritage Center is now). I know they still have the Farmer's Market outside, but it just isn't the same. Four years later (oh wow I can't believe it's been that long already) my mom found out about a market in Dayton and we checked it out this past weekend. It's called the 2nd Street Public Market and they sell a variety of homemade foods (jelly, bread, bagels, maple syrup, etc.), homemade goods (candles, jewelry, etc.) fresh vegetables and eggs that are locally grown, flowers, and then of course there are food vendors. The day we went The Flower Man shop had a fantastic sale....10 bunches of flowers for $10!!! Of course my mom and I took advantage of the deal and here are the flowers I ended up with....




So the moral of the story is, if you are looking for something fun and different to do on a Saturday, check out the 2nd Street Public Market in Dayton!

No comments:

Post a Comment