Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hall Passes!

Since my first spray paint project was so successful I decided to try another one! I got the inspiration for this project from this blog. I thought I could complete this project quickly and inexpensively and I was right! I got my ribbon and letters from JoAnn Fabrics and the spray paint from Home Depot (and my husband already had sand paper). Here are some pictures of my supplies....



 Hudson wanted to help mommy....



The project was really, really simple. I started by sanding the letters to make sure all sides were smooth and then I took them outside and gave each letter 2 coats. Next I used a drill press (added bonus of having an awesome wood worker dad) to drill 2 holes in each letter for the ribbon. I threaded the ribbon through the holes leaving the ribbon long enough to hang around my neck. Lastly I used a thin sharpie paint marker and stickers that I already had to decorate my hall passes. I put my last name on them and used the phrase "pase de permiso" for hall pass. Here are the finished passes.



That's all! Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy! And cheap enough that if I get sick of them I won't feel bad about making new ones! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment