Saturday, July 9, 2011

My First Spray Paint Project

This weekend I set a goal to paint and re-cover a stool my dad gave me for my classroom. Surprisingly, I actually did it, and with a whole day to spare! Here is what the stool looked like before...


It was just a regular old, ugly work chair, but I knew a little spray paint could go a long way! I wanted something really bright and colorful since I am going to be a Spanish teacher and everything else in my class will be full of color so I went with pink spray paint. My next task was finding fabric to make the cushions more interesting. I went to Hobby Lobby and found a lot of ones that would have looked great, but ended up with what I thought would look a little more Mexican-ish. Here is the finished product....


I'm really happy with how it turned out and with how easy and cheap it was too! BTW I think the two different fabrics look better on the chair when you see it in person, but the mixing of patterns just isn't for everyone!

Tomorrow I'll show you how my hall passes turned out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment